Friday, April 5, 2013

HEAT.

Today in Hue it's HOT. I mean like really, really hot. In the forties hot. I had to rent a motorbike to go to Thanh Tien today, the idea of going there by bicycle was too daunting. I felt a little wimpy about this until the following happened:
  • Locals complained that it was hot out
  • The water in my water bottle was warmer than my mouth: i.e. not refreshing.
  • When I got back from the village and entered by hotel room, I was hit by cool air (to the point where I shivered!), when I looked at my alarm-clock-turned-thermometer it read 36 degrees!!
My strategy consisted of a light colored thin white long sleeved shirt, a lot of water, and getting what needed to be done as fast as possible so that I could escape to my "cool" hotel room. On the other hand, my friend Yen's strategy was vastly different, layer up and protect yourself from the sun:

No comments:

Post a Comment